Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Belated Easter or Spring...


Happy belated Easter for those that celebrate it in any way... and for those that don't... happy Spring... yes, it is finally here.  At least it is finally starting to feel like it.

This cute little ducky card was a bit of a struggle for me, I knew I wanted to use this digi image from Lucky Smith's kit and that I wanted to add some kind of yellow trim to the card, but that is as far as my planning of this card went.  So I thought a black background would make the image pop and look more elegant... omg... how wrong was I!  It made my card look sad and a tad pathetic.  I was about to give up on this card and then decided to change the background to kind of go with the scalloped edge of the image.  I embossed the background w/ one of those super cool 5x7 Cuttlebug Embossing folders and everything was kept the same.  I think now this card is and will be one of my favorites for some time.  Frame is a sizzix diecut and the scalloped circle is a the small circle nestabilities.

No comments: