Friday, March 1, 2013

Meet CropStop's March Guest Designer!

CropStop is delighted to introduce our March Guest Designer, Liza Nazario-Gregory!

 Lisa's creative work is popping up everywhere!  We're sure that she will more than inspire you during the month of March.  
Hi, My name is Lisa and by profession I am a registered nurse. I am married to my high school sweetheart and we have 2 children who are now successful young adults.  I have been a crafter my whole life. I sew, embroider, crochet, paint and have dabbled in many crafty things in my life. Back in 2005, when my son was doing his senior project with his girlfriend (who is now his wife) They were creating a scrapbook of their lives. They elicited my help as I was the crafty one. We took a ride to The Dollar Tree (our local dollar store) who had a section dedicated to scrap booking  Papers, albums, embellishments, flowers, and we grabbed everything we could find. I knew about the new way of scrap booking, but never gave it any thought until that trip to The Dollar Tree. After helping the kids create their albums , which by the way turned out fabulous, I was curious as to where I could get more "scrap booking stuff". So I drove to our local Michaels and Joanns craft stores. That is when I became hooked. Then I sought out the local scrapbook stores and found stuff I didn't even know existed until then. I shopped and shopped and shopped some more. I found Scrapbook.com and saw the kind of scrap booking the artists did. I was amazed at the styles. It just wasn't cut and paste and stickers. It was 3 dimensional, it was gorgeous, and oh so inspiring. So I created a gallery, created my first layout and the rest is history. My style has changed a bit throughout the years, but playing with paper and scissors is still so therapeutic for me. Online scrapbook shopping is my new favorite hobby, and The Cropstop store has become my favorite store!!

You can visit my blog here: What a Beautiful Mess

Be sure to stop back next Thursday, March 7th to see what Lisa has to share with you!




 A little sneaky peek!
 

No comments: