Thursday, April 11, 2013

A tisket a tasket...a home decor basket!

This week, April's Guest Designer, Wendy, shares a lovely holiday basket she created!

"Easter Egg Basket"

When I saw the basket weave template I decided I wanted to make a basket to hold flowers, which became eggs instead for some home decor.     





 I started by using gesso and making 2 patterns on my paper with the basket weave template.








Once that dried I began cutting out the box part and added some handles.



Then I finished assembling the basket by adding pieces on either side with flaps to keep everything sturdy.


A few flowers/eggs made the perfect Easter/spring decor item!

Supplies

We hope that Wendy's creative basket has inspired you to try making something for your home decor also!

Visit the CropStop Store for your crafting needs.  Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.

No comments: