Friday, December 27, 2013

Couture Creations, Thinking of you with Deborah

Happy Holidays, Stampers! Deborah here on my last day to post on the Crop Stop blog as the December Guest Designer (sniff). This time I played with the Thinking of You embossing folder by the Crop Stop's designer label, Creative Couture, as well as some lovely May Arts ribbon and twine they sent me.

I'm presenting a tutorial for my card today. Although I had this in mind from the beginning of the month, I forgot to take pictures of my card in its stages, so I had to make it a second time so I could photograph the process. Can you spot the differences in my original card (immediately below) and the copy?

12-22-13-FP-Hello
Pin It

I N S T R U C T I O N S
 STEP 1. Make a 4.25" x 5.5" card base from cardstock and fold horizontally.

Step-1

STEP 2. Cut a matching cardstock panel (4" x 5.25") and a patterned paper panel (4.25" x 5.5").

Step-2

Step 3. Emboss cardstock panel.

Step-3

Step 4. Adhere patterned paper to front of card, then adhere the embossed panel in the center.

Step-5

Step 5. Cut approximately 6-7" of three coordinating ribbons.

Step-6 

Step 6. The knot made by these three sheer ribbons was actually rather thick and added unwanted bulk to my original card, so I drew a threaded needle through the three, encircled them, and knotted the thread. The effect is the same but without all the bulk. (I used a contrasting thread here for ease of visibility.)

Step-7

Step 7. Thread button with twine, coming from the backside so you can tie a bow in front of the button; apply a glue dot (to adhere the next bow).

Step-8

Step 8. Tie a second, smaller bow from twine and adhere to the first bow.

Step-9

Step 9. Adhere a wood veneer bird over the bows with a few glue dots.

Step-4

Step 10. Cut "hello" three times from white cardstock for depth and stability. You can either layer and adhere three pieces of cardstock to one another and cut the sentiment, or you can cut the sentiment three individual times and then adhere one to the other before adhering the lot to your card in a stack.

Step-10

Step 11. Adhere your ribbon accent to the card with glue dots.

Step-11

Step 12. Adhere button, bows and bird to your ribbon accent with glue dots or Fabri-tac. Adhere the die cut sentiment. (I really like using the glue pen shown above for these types of tiny words because you get a strong hold with NO fuss or messiness.)

12-22-13-FP-Hello

Step 13. Adhere pearls and then admire your handiwork - lol!

CropStop Featured Product  
Couture Creations All Occasions Collection - Thinking of You Embossing Folder
Creative Expressions Green on Green Organdy Swirl Ribbon
Creative Expressions Seaglass on Seaglass Organdy Swirsl Ribbon
May Arts Burlap String

May Arts Teal/White Edge Ribbon


Other Product

Cardstock: Charcoal, Marshmallow (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: Timbergrove (Fancy Pants)
Button (Fancy Pants)
 Wood Veneer bird (Studio Calico)
 Die: Small Hello (Simon Says Stamp)
 Other: pearls, embroidery floss, twine. 

Thank you to everyone here at Crop Stop for a wonderful month and for giving me the opportunity to be your December Guest Designer!
Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!
Deborah

CropStop, the stopping place for paper crafters,  scrapbookers and card makers.
Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Beautiful! Love how the embossing pops on this gray cardstock.