Friday, March 7, 2014

Follow Up Friday...A Sign of Spring!

Hi, Vicki sharing with you today.  I saw my first sign of spring last week...robins!  Not just one, but a small flock of about 6 or so.  Very exciting considering that in February we had record breaking snowfall here in the Poconos.  There are 13 more days until Spring officially arrives and  I can't wait for the daffodils, tulips and peonies to bloom!

The bright colors of Spring make this card a breath of fresh air.

"#MOM"

The cardstock base is 5" x 7" in size.  I cut the patterned paper to fit and used a border punch down the right side.  Before adhering the patterned paper, I cut a strip of solid contrast paper, 1 1/4" x 7" and placed it along the right edge of the cardstock.  

 I die cut and made all of the flowers in two different colors and inked them for more contrast.  The sentiment is written on a chalkboard heart tag using a white pencil.  The tag is outlined with white gel pen and the bow is tied with burlap string.  I added a circle base under the flowers and placed it on foam tape for dimension. The scalloped edge is embellished with pearls.

CropStop Featured Product
 Core'dinations Cardstock
May Arts Burlap String-Ivory, Pink
Memory Box Delightful Peony Die-cut
Tsukineko/Memento Ink-Angel Pink, Gray Flannel
Spellbinder Classic Circle, Small
Spellbinder Scalloped Circle, Small
Spellbinder Daisy Flower Topper
Spellbinder/Heartfelt Vintage Floret

Thanks for stopping by.
I hope my Spring card has inspired you.

Vicki
He"artful" Validation of Vicki

Shop at CropStop for your crafting needs.
CropStop, the stopping place for paper crafters, scrapbookers and card makers.
Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.

No comments: