It's time for another link party here on the Cropstop blog! Today I'm sharing a different kind of inspiration with you -- it's a page out of my new art journal! I've been admiring the work of several ladies on different design teams with me, and finally took the plunge and started an Art Journal myself.
Here's how I created my page:
- I started by painting my page with a layer of clear Gesso
- Using Sponge Daubers, I added some distress oxide in the following colors:
- I wet my ink, moved it around with a paint brush, and reapplied ink till I reach a desired color pattern
- I spritzed the ink with water and heat set
- In the upper right corner I added a torn piece of an old sewing pattern using clear Gesso as my adhesive
- To the right I applied white Gesso through the Measured stencil from Tim Holtz and heat set
- I stamped the Seamstress stamp from Prima in Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko)
- I stamped one of the Julie Nutting dolls (from Holiday Bliss) on an old dictionary page in Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko)
- I restamped her dress, hair, and shoes on various pieces of card stock, fussy cut them, and added them over the original doll
- I colored her flesh with a Touch Five marker
- Behind the doll I added some Prairie Thistle die cuts from Memory Box/Poppystamps
- I added some Washi Tape strips along the bottom center of my page
- To the left I stamped the plaid background stamp from Impression Obsession in Faded Jeans Distress Oxide
- Over top I added two Repeat Impressions flowers, stamped on watercolor paper in Versamark Watermark ink and embossed with black embossing powder
- They were colored with Sonnet Watercolors and fussy cut
- I also added a piece of greenery cut with the Fall Folliage dies (Sizzix) and a tiny wire hanger from my stash
- The sentiment was computer generated, printed on white card stock, inked with distress oxides, and stamped with the plaid background stamp from Impression Obsessionin Brilliance Moonlight White Ink from Tsukineko
- I die cut an embroidery hoop from Waffle Flower and added it around the largest word
Now it’s your turn to share the projects you’ve been working on! As always our link party is "Anything Goes" with these few simple rules:
- Create ANY new project using a product or two from one of the companies CropStop carries in the store. (It’s ok if you didn’t buy it from us, and also fine if it’s a product we don’t currently have it in stock as long as it’s from one of the companies we carry!)
- Please, no back-linking old projects
- Limit 5 entries per challenge
- Link your project here, link back to this post, and mention the CropStop Challenge in your post.
OPTIONAL TWIST FOR JUNE:
If you enter an ART JOURNAL PAGE this month, I'll enter your name twice (for each project linked) in the random draw!
Hi Esther, I like the idea of a twist, although I don't do JP usually so probably won't take this one up. I missed last month so I hope to join the fun in June. Your page is beautiful. Love the colours and the Prima doll and all the lovely details. Hugz
Your card is fabulous, Esther! I especially love the sentiment. Thanks for the love on my Floral Fantasy card.
I love this layout very much - I have an Art Journal Page completed and ready to upload shorty - thanks for the challenge - have a blessed week
Esther, this is amazing! I wish I could get brave enough to try it!!! Great job, beautifully done!
Fabulous creation Esther! I have been wanting to make my own art journal. Thanks for the inspiration and challenge.
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads
You did a fabulous job with your page, love the patterns used in the girl, pretty flowers and great page design!
First of all, thanks a lot for your kind comment and the possibility to join your challenge! And secondly, your journal page is awesome! Great collage with great colours!
What a fun journal page! I love the colors, Esther!
So pretty! I love those blues, gorgeous! So happy to have found your challenge via Paper Playful!
totally charming card!
Fabulous journal page , Esther and well done you for starting a new art journal . Something I did a while ago now but have neglected for far too long . Thanks for reminding me I need to revisit it and on a more regular basis .
That is a fun page. I like the summery color scheme you chose. Blessings!
Loving those great colors on your journal page. Fabulous work!!! Thank you for another fun Linky Party!!
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
gorgeous journal page- the details are fantastic!! Thanks to Esther for inviting me to the link up:)
Your art journal is fabulous, not something I have dipped my toes in yet! Love Jane x
Love your art journal page, great job! Love the JN doll, too.
It Very useful for us!!
If you are looking for Best Kurti Manufacturers in india, so Shree Jee One of them.
Kurti Manufacturers| Chanderi Salwar Suit Manufacturers| Palazzo Manufacturers| Festival Kurti Manufacturers| Muslin Kurti Manufacturers|
Post a Comment