Time for another guest designer Friday! Today we're feature the work of Sherry Gibson of Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads. I love all the elements Sherry combined to create this gorgeous, neutral themed wedding card!
Here's what Sherry says about putting this lovely card together:
First I want to say thank you to Esther for allowing me this opportunity to be a Guest Designer for CropStop. For This Card - Step By Step...
- White cardstock for the card base.
- Cut a large piece of ivory cardstock to fit the center of the card.
- Used Darice Embossing Folder 'Crackle' on the ivory paper (left and right side)
- Embossed another piece of ivory paper using Darice Embossing Folder 'Wedding Dress'.
- Fussy cut the wedding dress out using Elizabeth Craft Designs Fine Pointed Scissors.
- Cut out the window with a Spellbinders Shapeabilities D-Lites 'Window Die'.
- Cut out the Creative Expressions 'Petite Butterflies' Dies with ivory cardstock.
- Cut out the Darice Embossing Essentials Dies 'Ivy Border'.
- Using a piece of The Paper Studio 'Tattered and Worn' Paper...For my flowers.
- To make my flowers...Cut circles/cut them in a spiral shape/rolled them and glued to end.
- Used a Ranger Ink Applicator with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad 'Tea Dye' - on the dress.
- With the ink applicator I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad 'Vintage Photo' - on these...
- On the card base/over the embossed background/on the butterfly wings/on the flowers
- Glued two pieces of coffee stained lace on the back of the window, then glued onto the card.
- Next I took a piece of brown string and tied each to make tiebacks for the curtains.
- Then glued a string of pearls on the top part of the window.
- Glued a piece of coffee stained gauge to the bottom left/center of the card.
- Attached pop-dots to the back of the wedding dress and put it on the card.
- Attached half a pop-dot on two of the top right leaves of the ivy die cut.
- Then glued the ivy over the dress and onto the card.
- Glued a piece of coffee stained gauge on the top left side of the dress.
- Glued the flowers onto the card, over the pieces of coffee stained gauge.
- Then glued the larger butterfly onto the right side of the vine.
- Attached half a pop-dot on the back of the small butterflies, then added them to the card.
Sizzix BIGkick Machine by Vintaj
Darice Embossing Folder 'Wedding Dress'
Darice Embossing Folder 'Crackle'
Spellbinders Shapeabilities D-Lites 'Window Die'
Creative Expressions Craft Dies By Sue Wilson 'Finishing Touches/Petite Butterflies'
Darice Embossing Essentials Dies Ivy Border
Elizabeth Craft Designs Fine Pointed Scissors and Tweezers
The Paper Studio 'Tattered and Worn' Paper
Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad 'Tea Dye' and 'Vintage Photo'
Forever In Time 'Pop-Dots
Coffee Stained Gauge and Lace
Strand Of Pearls and Flowers
Kokuyo Dotliner Tape Runner
Ad-tech Crafter's Precision Glue
Beacon Gem-Tac Glue
I enjoy being a guest designer for CropStop. I hope that you enjoy my card."
Now it's your turn! Stop by our Current Challenge and link up any project that includes a product or two from one of the companies Cropstop carries in the store. Hope to see you there!