Friday, April 19, 2013

Follow Up Friday!

Vicki here...It's spring!  Well, at least it's supposed to be.  Our weather has been a little wacky here in the Poconos.  It ranges anywhere from 80 degrees one day to 50 degrees the next.  Personally, I would settle for 75 degrees year round!

The flowers are blooming and that is inspiring!  I love the colors of the daffodils, forsythia, and hyacinths. So, for my project today, I am going to share a mini tutorial for a fun flower to use on your craft projects.

I started with a piece of  Orange Springtime  and White Swirl sheer fabric.  It has the most beautiful shimmer to it and comes in an 8 x 10 size.

 I die cut the fabric with my Spellbinders Blossom Nestabilities.  I made 7 orange and 7 white of both the larger and smaller circle.  The different sizes will help to create the dimension of the flower.

The base of the flower is a circle of cardstock that you can cut freehand, punch, or die-cut.  I drew two circles, one larger and one smaller inside the outer circle.  This is where I will glue the fabric. 



I folded each circle in half and then in half again adding a dab of hot glue before the second fold to hold the petal in place.

This is what your flower petals should look like after folding and gluing.

Using my hot glue gun, I adhered each folded circle (petal) around the outer circle first. 

Then I adhered the petals to the inner circle filling in the middle with any extra.

I glued a large glitter dot from my stash in the center of the flower.  I love the embossed prints on the fabric and how it adds extra texture to the petals.

Supplies

*Denotes similar product available in the CropStop Store.

Thanks for stopping by to share my mini sheer fabric flower tutorial!

Shop in the CropStop Store for your crafting needs!  Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.

No comments: