Welcome back blog friends! Today I'm sharing another "new to me" product - Gilding Flakes. I know they aren't a new product, but this is the first time I've ever used them, and what fun I had!!
Here's how I put this shimmery card together:
- I started with a piece of white card stock and laid down strips of wide carpet tape
- Next, I removed the tape backing, dumped a pile of Gemstone Gilding Flakes over top and lightly pressed them into the tape
- Using a small sponge I burnished them into the card stock
To create my card I:
- cut a piece of black card stock slightly larger than my gilding flake piece
- using the Mixed Media #2 thinlits from Tim Holtz I die cut a swirly pattern in the top left corner
- created a banner using a square punch and added a Studio G sentiment in Tuxdeo Black ink from Tsukineko
- created my flower using the Exquisite Poppy dies (Creative Expressions) and my Paper Blossoms Craft Molding Mat
- using sponge daubers I inked the edges of the petals with Fired Brick Distress Oxide
- after that was dry, I added a coat of Versamark Watermark ink and Gold Cosmic Shimmer Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder
To create shimmery greens I:
- inked my white card stock with Versamark Watermark, added Gold Cosmic Shimmer Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set
- I used the Holiday Greens dies from Tim Holtz to cut three vines for behind my flower
- in the center I added a tiny white pearl
Beautiful, Esther! The black really makes the gilding flakes pop!
Wow that is gorgeous, I love the techniques you used here, great colors in the gilding flakes, and love the look of the embossing on the flower!
Post a Comment