It's time for another challenge here on the Cropstop blog! Today I'm sharing a different kind of "spring" card created with Inka Gold metallic rub. I realize that Inka Gold isn't a new product, and I'm late to the party (as usual). However, since a lot of the mixed media supplies are "new" to me, I'm having a lot of fun discovering their uses and playing with them in my projects.
Here's how I put this shimmery card together:
- To begin with, I painted a piece of white card stock with Clear Gesso (you'll read more about my new-found love of this next week!!)
- I thinned some Graphite Inka Gold with water and, using a small paintbrush, I added this over the gesso layer
- Once dry, I embossed it with the Victoria embossing folder from Cuttlebug
- I then rubbed Platinum Inka Gold over the embossed part of the card
- The butterfly is a die cut from the Anna Griffin (Cuttlebug) set Butterfly Trio
- I rubbed a just bit of Platinum Inka Gold over it to give it some sparkle and shine
- I also added strip of white pearls down the center for extra dimension
- For my sentiment, I die cut a saying from the Phrases Set One (Spellbinders) set four times and glued them one on top of the other
- The top layer also features Platinum Inka Gold and makes the sentiment softer than a the stark white it was
The photo below gives you a better idea of the shimmer Inka Gold adds to your creations!
Now it’s your turn to share the projects you’ve been working on! As always our link party is "Anything Goes" with these few simple rules:
- Create ANY new project using a product or two from one of the companies CropStop carries in the store. (It’s ok if you didn’t buy it from us, and also fine if it’s a product we don’t currently have it in stock as long as it’s from one of the companies we carry!)
- Please, no back-linking old projects
- Limit 5 entries per challenge
- Link your project here, link back to this post, and mention the CropStop Challenge in your post.
OPTIONAL TWIST FOR MAY:
If you use INKA GOLD on the project you link up this month, I'll enter your name twice (for each project linked) in the random draw!