Hello Everyone! Welcome back to the Cropstop blog! Today I'm sharing a card that features a layered die cut image (Prairie Thistle) and a fun way to use your embossing spacers. I've had a lot of fun experimenting with different mixed media products this month, and this card features a few of those as well.
- brushed some Clear Gesso (Art Basics) over a piece of white card stock
- applied some Seedless Preserved Distress Oxide (Ranger) to the center, spritzed with water, and spread the ink around with a small paintbrush
- using Sponge Daubers, I applied Seedless Preserved Distress Oxide (Ranger) through the Mini North Star Stencil from TCW
- taped my piece of cardstock to the Oval Embossing Spacer and painted through the opening with Platinum Inka Gold diluted with water
- removed the panel and used a Sharpie marker and created faux stitching lines around the inside of the oval
- die cut the flowers using the Prairie Thistle Die from Memory Box - Poppy Stamps
- I cut three from white card stock and one from purple
- die cut two sentiments from phrase one Spellbinders dies - layering one on the other for extra thickness
- last of all I added some pearl centers to my stars using White Opal Liquid Pearls
The photo below shows the shimmer that the Inka Gold adds to the card.
Now it's your turn....stop by our CURRENT LINK PARTY and showoff any projects that include a few products from companies Cropstop carries in the store! I'll look forward to seeing your work appear in the gallery!