Friday, October 12, 2018

Guest Designer - Lisa

 We're back for week number two with our talented Guest Designer - Lisa of This Sweet Madness! This week Lisa has a super fun shaker card for our inspiration. Here's how she put this adorable card together:

"Hi everyone!  Lisa here from This Sweet Madness with another guest designer post.  I've been challenging myself to make more masculine cards lately, so I wanted to create a birthday card with a White Rabbit theme.

1) I started by making my card base from Desert Storm cardstock.  I created an A7 base so the pocketwatch die would fit.

2) I picked a pattern from the Tattered Time stack that I liked and cut it slightly smaller than my card base.  After die cutting the pocketwatch, I set it aside and attached a scrap of the same patterned paper to my card base.  I layered the positive part of the pocketwatch die cut to the base with Scor Tape.  

3) I stamped the White Rabbit with Archival Ink on the smooth white cardstock.  After it dried, I colored it with Prismacolor pencils.  I fussy cut it and then adhered it to the card base with Scor Tape.

4) I attached the acetate to the patterned paper with the watch cut out with Scor Tape.  The acetate won't stick without really strong adhesive.  Then I created a shaker opening with foam circles and squares, piecing them together tightly to make a well to hold my sequins.  I like to lay them out on the card base so I can see how many I do or don't need to add.  When I was happy with the amount of sequins I added, I removed the backing from the foam pieces and attached the shaker frame to my card.

5) I had stamped the "Tick Tock" on a scrap piece of the smooth white cardstock.  After cutting them out with the Gift Tags dies, I colored the entire thing with colored pencils, then went over the edges and the words with a gold Sharpie marker.  I knotted the gold ribbon through each tag and added them to my card with Mini Zots.

Thanks for looking!  Don't forget to enter the Crop Stop Linky Party this month.  Laters!"


Products Used:

TimHoltz Pocket Watch die
TimHoltz Gift Tags Die set
3L Adhesive Foam Circles and Squares
Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink
Visible Image White Rabbit stamp
Prismacolor 150 Pencil Set
Gold Sharpie marker
BazzillDesert Storm cardstock
SpectrumNoir Ultra Smooth cardstock
DCWWV Tattered Time paper pad
Graphix Acetate sheets
Offray 1/2" gold shimmer ribbon
Creatology Green Sequins Assortment

Now it's your turn to share the projects you've been working on. Stop by the CURRENT LINK PARTY and showoff anything that includes a product or two from one of the companies that Cropstop carries in the store. 

No comments: