Friday, March 22, 2013

Follow Up Friday!

Vicki here with  Follow Up Friday's project...a mixed media card.  I have recently been smitten with mixed media products and decided that today I would combine a few of my favorite on the front of the card I created.


I started by inking my card base with Ranger Distress Inks over the patterned paper.


The next step was to use my brick stencil along with some Liquitex Light Modeling Paste.  Again, I like the light modeling paste best because you still get texture, but it is not as heavy as the regular paste.  I like to apply my paste using an old plastic gift card.  

 After the modeling paste was completely dried, I inked over the bricks with Ranger Distress Inks.  Then I added a thick coat of Ranger Distress Crackle Paint - Old Paper.  I love to watch the cracks appear in this paint as it dries.  


I added a sentiment that I thought went well with my brick theme using Spellbinders Label Eighteen and Spellbinders Rectangle - Large Die-cuts.  The sentiment matting was cut twice from the same die, but with two different patterned papers.  I cut the bottom die-cut in half and moved it slightly to reveal a small edge of matting under the yellow checked paper.  A Want2Scrap key and keyhole were my final embellishments.

Supplies
Liquitex Light Modeling Paste 
Ranger Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Ranger Distress Ink - Black Soot
Ranger Distress Ink -  Peacock Feathers
Ranger Distress Ink - Wild Honey
Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint - Old Paper
Spellbinders Label Eighteen
Spellbinders Classic Rectangle - Large*
Want2Scrap Key and Keyhole Embellishment*


*Similar products are available in the CropStop Store. 

Thanks for stopping by to view my project!  
I hope you are inspired to play with mixed media product too.

Visit the CropStop Store for your crafting needs.  Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase of $30 or more.

1 comment:

Dana Tatar said...

Super cool Vicki! I LOVE the bricks!