Monday, April 22, 2013

Chilled by Cathi O'Neill

Hi Cathi O'Neill here, and I am excited to share with you my first project as a member of the Couture Creations Design Team.

I've done a layout using many embossing folders and dies and a large range of tools and adhesives.

Here is how I put it together!! First I made the 3D embossed roses that I used to embellish the layout. To make them, I used the two smallest Couture Creations Daisy Nesting Dies. For the larger rose, use two small and one large die cut. For the smaller roses, it only takes two of the smaller shape. First cut the shapes needed and then emboss. I embossed them using the Elegance Collection Loren embossing folder


My sanding block helped reveal the awesome texture from the embossing folder.



I used my craft knife to cut deeper petals for making the flowers.



Shape the flower by bringing every second petal up and curving them, glue the remaining petals to form the rosebud, making sure the embossed and sanded edge is facing outwards.


Shape the next flower die cut by making circular motions on the underside of each petal using the a stylus


For the second layer of the small rose, glue your finished rosebud in the center this time with the embossed side facing up, then press and shape and glue in to place. 


To make larger roses simply add more die cut daisy cut outs, alternating the petal placement between the previous layer so they have a natural full look.


Next I used ink dabbers to distress the outer edge of several die cuts I made using the Scallop Ovals nesting dies.


Adhere the die cuts using double sided tape



I used the gorgeous frame of the Elegance Collection - Super Marina embossing folder to make a frame for my photo. I fussy cut around the frame and used foam tape to lift it up and showcase it on the layout.


To finish off the layout I added some Self Adhesive Pearls in Blush Pink, and covered my chipboard flourish with a subtle treatment of Crystalina Glitzin' Glamour Premium Glitter Glue.



I hope you like my first project and can see the amazing range of products that CropStop has!

Thanks for stopping by the CropStop Blog to share my project.  You can find more of my projects HERE.


3 comments:

LISA said...

You rocked those embossing folders Cathi!! Fabulous!! Love the layout and thank you for the tutorial!!

Cherished said...

Wonderful tutorial. Gorgeous page! Thanks for sharing.

Cathi ONeill said...

Thank you so much for featuring my layout and tutorial!