Friday, May 10, 2013

Dream frame with Tracey Cooley!

Today, CropStop would like to share a project created by Tracey Cooley, special project designer for Couture Creations.

My husband works away a lot and my beautiful 8yr old daughter Tayla is a wonderful help to me, she helps me with her little sister (3), does chores and is generally a wonderful young lady. So as a surprise I made this frame for her bedroom wall as a gift for all that she does.




 

I purchased 2,  8"x10" black frames from my local discount store and then cut a piece of white cardstock with the Couture Creations Fantasia Doily Die - Irish Dreams (first applying the ejection foam that comes with the die that is found in between the back packaging).
I stamped a T for her name in the middle of the doily. Then with Couture Creations 12 ml double-sided tape I covered the gap in the back of the doily, just around the centre. Flipping it over I used my Couture Creations Precision Craft Knife to trim away any unwanted tape. I then applied some blue glitter (being Tayla's favourite colour).
I then took the glass from my second frame and sandwiched the doily in between it and the original frame. HINT: I made some chipboard chocks to keep the glass in place as I did not want to use the backing board from the frame but you could use silicone to do this as a more permanent solution.

Then I simply embellished the front of the glass with some matching elements.
The best thing about this frame is that Tayla loved it!


Couture Creation products used 

Double Sided Tape
Precision Craft Knife
Self Healing Mat

Keep on creating!

1 comment:

Tracey Cooley said...

WOW! so excited and honoured to be featured on the Crop Stop Blog Thanks so much for showing my project!!