Friday, May 3, 2013

Follow Up Friday..."With love'...from Sizzix!

Vicki here...sharing a card today that I created using the new Pansy/Violet Thinlits die from Sizzix. What a super fun die-cut!  You can get as creative as you want with colors, layers and overall design of your flowers.

 "With love..."
 The card base is made from a rich coral colored Bazzill.  I used the reverse side of Graphic 45's Leafy Treetops patterned paper from the Secret Garden collection  for the second layer.  The next layer was stamped first and then embossed with Couture Creations, Magical Embossing Folder from the Fresh and Fun Collection.  The main focus of the card, the yellow and purple pansy was made using the Sizzix Pansy/Violet Thinlits set.   


 I stamped the doily image with Stampin' Up's "Hello Doily" onto white cardstock using Ranger Distress Ink - Bundled Sage


 I love this double image effect you get with stamping and then embossing.

The Sizzix Thinlits Pansy/Violet set has 12 dies.  It includes petals for the pansy and violet along with leaves for the flowers.  I used purple, yellow and green cardstock to create the pansy petals and leaves.

Here is a close up of the finished pansy.  After assembling the petals to form the flower, I drew the dark lines with a Ranger Distress Marker - Aged Mahogany.  Wow, the distress markers are great for projects like this.  I added some Ranger Glitter Glue Stickles - Icicle to the yellow petals and Twinkling H2O -Plum Crazy watercolor to the purple petals.

I finished off the card with a white bow and key charm.  I used the Craft-Dee Bowz Tool to make my bow.  What a great tool this is!  Makes me wonder why I waited so long to purchase one.
From my stash:

*Denotes similar product available in the CropStop Store.

Thanks for stopping by the CropStop Blog to share our inspiration!

Visit CropStop, the stopping place for paper-crafters.
Use our CropStop Blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your purchase of $30 or more.

No comments: