Friday, June 7, 2013

Follow Up Friday!

Vicki here...today is the first Friday in a new month already! It's Father's Day month in our family, but my inspiration was going in a totally different direction the past few days.  My new flourish die-cut had yet to be opened so I wanted to create something  soft, delicate and swirly!  What better way to portray this than with a "Sweet Sixteen" card.

 Here's what I came up with....

"Sweet Sixteen"

The card background was created using a "Belleek" Technique that I learned from a friend.  The coloring mimics and is similar to Irish pottery.

You will need an embossing folder with a large amount of negative space, a light shade of ink and a brayer to roll the ink on evenly.

Using the brayer, I inked the top inside cover of my embossing folder with Ranger Distress Ink - Spun Sugar.  It is best to use a subtle color for this technique to achieve good results.

 Couture Creations Flamingos and Hedgehogs Embossing Folder worked well with this technique.
 

  I cut a frame using Spellbinders Fleur de Lis and Classic Rectangle-Large Nestabilities.  This was layered on top of the embossed background.

Next, I mounted the embossed cardstock onto the card base then die-cut and assembled 3 flowers with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.  While the glue on the flowers was drying, I die-cut 4 pink flourishes and 4 white flourishes using the Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die.  Using both a pink and white swirl, I layered them around the left side and bottom of the frame. 

The 3 flowers were added in the lower left of the frame.  I used pearl buttons for the flower centers. I tucked a few feathers into the flower cluster for added dimension.

The sentiment tag was printed in my card program and die-cut with a Spellbinders Lacey Pennant die-cut.


Featured Product
Ranger Distress Ink* - Spun Sugar
Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Rectangle Nestabilities*
Spellbinders Lacey Pennant Nestabilities*
Spellbinders Rectangles - Large Nestabilities*

*Denotes similar product available in the CropStop Store.

Thanks for stopping by the CropStop Blog today!

Shop at CropStop, the stopping place for paper crafters.
Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase of $30 or more.

No comments: