Friday, July 5, 2013

Follow Up Friday!

Vicki here...Wow, June is gone and it's July already!  The summer is going by too fast for me.  We have a full schedule of family events in the next few months, including two weddings.

I have this amazing doily die-cut from Couture Creations and knew it needed a romantic theme, so it found it's way on to a wedding card.

"On this day..."

I like to make my cards square and this Couture Creations Tatted Lace Doily was a perfect choice.  The card base is made from Avalanche Bazzill cardstock.

I die-cut the doily and matted it with Cinder Bazzill.  This has become one of my favorite Bazzill colors!

The Pink Paislee - Secret Crush, Bouquet paper was a good match for the color theme and I used it for the next layer under the matted doily.


Next, I added a piece of white tulle that I cut to 4" x 8".  I passed the tulle through a buckle heart charm and adhered it to the back of the patterned paper.  After making sure the tulle was securely attached, I trimmed it and adhered the three layers to the white cardstock base. 



I added Queen & Co. Iridescent gems to the corners, top and bottom of the doily.


The sentiment is computer generated and printed in a dark charcoal color.  I used the Spellbinders Nested Pennants die-cut and added it behind the tulle on the heart buckle.

I love the simple, but elegant look of the doily on the dark cardstock!

Featured Product
Couture Creations Fantasia Doily Collection - Tatted Lace
Pink Paislee - Secret Crush 6 x 6 pad
Spellbinders Nested Pennant Die-cut*

Denotes similar product available in the CropStop Store.

Thanks for stopping by to share my Follow Up Friday creation!

Vicki

Shopping in the CropStop Store?  Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.00.

1 comment:

Cathi ONeill said...

Gorgeous design! Love that die!!