Friday, August 23, 2013

Follow-Up Friday

Vicki here today for my last "Follow-Up Friday" post. 

CropStop will be changing up the blog posting beginning in September.  Stay tuned for even more inspiration and fun!

This week I was playing with some ideas along the lines of tie-dye.  It's an age old fad that has come around again in full force.  Everywhere you look, you see tie-dyed items...clothing, bookbags, purses, jewelry and even shoes!  So, with that thought, I decided to try a couple of different mediums to see what I could come up with.  The circle pattern on the Couture Creations Peacock Pleasure Embossing Folder was perfect.

First, I wanted to try alcohol markers.  Maybe a fun idea, but DO NOT use them in your embossing folders unless you have STAZ-ON All Purpose Cleaner.   I thought they would wash right off....NOT!  I panicked because I didn't want to toss the embossing folder.  Then I thought...how about the StazOn ink remover?  It worked like a charm!  Took everything off and the embossing folder is just like new.  Phew!

Anyway, this is what it looked like after I added the marker colors and before I embossed with it.

 

 Please, don't tell anyone that I mixed my Copic and Spectrum Noir markers when I did this! And don't forget....DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU DON'T HAVE STAZ-ON ALL PURPOSE CLEANER!

Next, I misted it with ink refresher, yep, another experiment, before I embossed the cardstock.
This is the result....

I was a little surprised how the colors mixed.  They sure didn't look like this when I colored the folder.  I cut several circles and mounted them on white cardstock cut from a zig zag circle die.

Not bad and a good learning experience to say the least!

Next, I gathered some of my favorite colors of Dylusions Spray Inks.  I love these mists!  They spray on evenly and the colors are fabulous.


I also used one of my die cuts as a stencil template when spraying the mist onto the white cardstock.  You can see a few of the areas where the original cardstock shows through the color of the ink spray.


And what would tie dye be without a peace sign, the word "love", and a flowered guitar?


Now this is what I'm talkin' about!  Love this tie dye mix.

"LOVE"

Featured Products
Core'dinations Cardstock - Neutrals
Couture Creations Fresh & Fun Embossing Folder - Peacock Pleasure
Couture Creations Precision Trimmer
 Dylusion Ink Sprays
Calypso Teal
Cherry Pie
Fresh Lime
Funky Fuchsia
Melted Chocolate
Squeezed Orange
Spellbinders Classic Circle, Small *
Spellbinders Zig Zag Circle *

From my stash...
Paper House 3-D Sticker
May Arts Ribbon *

*Denotes similar product available in the CropStop Store.

I hope you are inspired to try something tie dyed!

Thanks for stopping by for my last Follow-Up Friday.
Monday will be my new post day starting in September.

Shopping at CropStop?  Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.
CropStop, the stopping place for paper crafters!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this technique and how beautiful it turns out!

Thank you!

Caterina Grove

MaryH said...

Very brilliant & interesting technique. Hmm, copics & Spectrum are both alcohol based, so should mix ok???I won't tell though! Might give it a try. Loved the project that ensued...great creativity. TFS & the tip about the Staz-on cleaner.