Monday, September 23, 2013

"Love This" Mixed Media Layout

Vicki here...and wow, did I have fun creating this mixed media layout!

I wanted to create a soft, flowing effect like dandelion seeds floating in the breeze.  The papers, colors, and embellishments came together with the photo to complete that overall feeling.

"Blessed"

I started with some of my favorite 7 Dots Studio patterned paper and just kept piling on the goodness.  Lots of different mediums...acrylics, gels, inks and paper.

I added glass bead gel using a template over distress inks.
 
Here you can see the dimension and texture the glass bead gel adds to the layout.  Love this stuff!

The dandelions were created with stippled gesso, glitter, and Flower Soft.

The twine that begins at the chipboard title, "Love this", above the photo, ends with a (my) heart on a string.

The other end of the burlap trim under the photo helped make this stack of buttons pop. I used a resin photo corner as an arrow along with a hat pin, inked lace and a feather to finish the cluster of embellishments.

Et l'embellissement ultime...Tresors de Luxe lace inked with distress stains.
 
Love this chipboard title!  I painted it with silver metallic acrylic, randomly added distress ink and covered it with glass bead gel.

The title, "BLESSED" is one of my favorite stamps!  It speaks volumes no matter where it's used.

Featured CropStop Product

*Denotes similar product available at the present time

From my stash...
7 Dots Studio Patterned Paper - 9th Wave, Messy Head
Close To My Heart Burlap Trim
EK Success Leaves
Hampton Art/7 Gypsies Blessed Stamp
Hero Arts Dandelion Frame Stamp
Liquitex Gesso - Matte
Robin's Nest Dew Drops
Stampin Up Happiness Always Stamp, Button
Tombow Hook & Loop Tabs
Tombow Power Tabs
Tresors de Luxe White Venice Bridal Embroidered Heart Lace Trim
Webster's Pages Sparklers
Um Wow Chipboard Title
Other: Twine

Thanks for stopping by!
Vicki

CropStop, the stopping place for card makers, paper crafters and scrapbookers!
Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.
CropStop...your one stop cropping solution.

1 comment:

Dana Tatar said...

Beautiful layout Vicki! I love all the texture on this page!