Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Classy and Fabulous...just because!

Do you ever give cards just because it's a nice thing to do?  No occasion needed cards will put a smile on anyone's face.  Kate here today, sharing a "just because" card.  


I mixed and matched products to create this Classy and Fabulous card.  The Core'dinations Cardstock base is 4.5" x 6".  Using a piece of purple Core'dinations Cardstock, I dry embossed the top 1.5" and bottom 2" with Craft Concepts "Brocade" Embossing Folder. This left enough room for my flowers. 


Still absolutely loving the Couture Creations 3 in 1 "Butterfly Notes" Collections!  In today's card I used the flower stamp and matching die from this collection.  The flowers were stamped onto a white smooth cardstock with Ranger Archival Ink.  I arranged the matching die over the stamped image and then ran it through my Big Shot.  Once cut, I ink the edges of the flower in complimentary Distress Ink and misted the flower so it had yellow tones in the background.  


You can see in this photo how the flower die cuts little petals to give the flower dimension.  Some Zots were added to give them some height and make the flowers the focal point of the card.  I also accented my card with Doodlebug Lilac Mini Brads and May Arts Purple Burlap String.  

Wishing you a classy & fabulous day! 
~Kate

CropStop Featured Product
 
     Other Supplies: Glitz Stamp, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist

Visit the CropStop Store for your crafting needs...
CropStop, the stopping place for paper crafters, scrapbookers and card makers!
Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.

No comments: