Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Basket of Sunflowers!

Hello there!   It's my third week as Guest Designer for CropStop! 

Today I'm playing with the Couture Creations Sunflower Nesting Dies!  I made all three of the flowers shown above with the same set of nesting dies.




For my first card, I cut each of the dies out of patterned paper and then inked the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress inks.  I folded each petal tip and then layered the flowers, staggering the petal tips.  I gave the flower a home on the Couture Creations Magical Embossing Folder.  A twirled twine medallion and some Candi Dots are my only embellishments on this card.  


For my second card, I created petals and then rolled them around a paint brush handle to curl them.  The bottom layer is curled under and the rest of the layers are curled upwards.  I centered my flower with a Doodlebug Glitter Brad.  The embossing folder on this on is I Dream and is on Cor'dinations cardstock that has been sanded.   This card will be presented in a clear gift box due to the dimension of the flower!


Finally, this card features the same die, the same petal cutting, though in this case I scored and folded each petal down the center.  I alternated front and back of the designer papers for the pink and white effect.  I layered this flower on an embossed panel from the One World embossing folder.  

All of my sentiments are stamped in coordinating Distress inks.  Butterflies are Martha Stewart punches.


Here is a photo of how I trimmed my die petals for the second and third cards...then it is just a matter of scoring or curling the petals to make your flowers.

Supplies

~Michelle Pearson
 Designer for Inky Antics, Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps 

CropStop, the stopping place for paper crafters, scrapbookers and card makers.

Shop at CropStop for your crafting needs. 
Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Michelle, I just love how you used the embossing folders and die cuts this month! Thanks so much!