Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Creating String Art with Die Cuts!

Michelle with you again, today... 


It's my second week of Guest Designing for CropStop and today I'm playing with Couture Creations Dies and thread!

For this card I used one of the Scalloped Rectangle dies.  I have a huge spool of some natural colored thread, it is stronger than thread, but not a soft feel of embroidery floss, but more of a stiff wiry sort.  I love the color and the added texture it gives when I do hand embroidery with it; lots of texture!

For this piece I started on a bottom corner scallop and started wrapping the thread diagonally, then repeated the process in the opposite diagonal direction and then in vertical and horizontal directions.  The die was cut on some coated pearlescent cardstock and I love the shadows of the wrapped string as well as the string itself!

I embellished this panel with Chips Candi Dots and the Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punch.  I layered it all on a Cordinations panel that I embossed with the Couture Creations Magical embossing folder that has been lightly sanded.  I used the Scor-Pal and Scor-Bug and then hand-stitched around the panel before distressing the edges further.
 

For this card I used the same wrapping technique, except it was easier to thread my holes with a needle.  This is the smaller of the  Couture Creations Ivy Set dies.


...and here is the larger of the Couture Creations Ivy Set dies.


Finally, here is one more of the Couture Creations Scalloped Rectangle dies in a smaller size.  I will be doing this again...it is a fun flat design element that adds a fun punch to a card!

CropStop Products:
 Core'dinations Cardstock-Neutral
Scor-Pal

Michelle Pearson
Inspiration Blooms

Shop at CropStop, the stopping place for paper crafters!

1 comment:

Dana Tatar said...

Stunning cards Michelle! I love what you did with the thread! :)