Today I have a super fun card to share with you as well as a mini tutorial for creating a splatter background using re-inkers.
To create my background I:
- Dropped ink from Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Re-inkers and Broken China Distress Oxide Re-inkers in a random pattern on Watercolor Paper
- Using my Tim Holtz spritzer tool I blew the inks around my paper till I liked the splatter pattern
- I laid these aside to dry (Note: I found that it took quite a while for these to dry completely, even with the help of a heat tool. You may want to consider leaving them over night if you try this technique.)
- When my panels were dry, I used my Tim Holtz splatter brush and applied some black paint spatters over top
Since I decided to go for a fun card, I incorporated a different fold into the design for even greater interest! To create my card I:
- Cut my splatter background into 2 1/2 x 4 inch pieces and matted it on black card stock
- Scored and folded my 4 1/4 by 11 inch piece of white card stock at the 2 3/4 and 8 1/4 line and attached my splatter pieces to the top and bottom
- Stamped one of the birds and two sentiments from the Bird Crazy set (Tim Holtz) in Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko)
- Colored my bird with Prismacolor Pencils
- Dies cut my bird with the Circle Nestabilites (Spellbinders) and layered it on coordinating a Scallop Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Using a Sharpie marker I added some faux stitching lines around my main image and adhered just the top portion to my card
- I decorated the left side with a piece of Washi Tape and added a sentiment from a Bible Journaling set (American Crafts)
- I created a two tone effect by inking the stamp with Broken China Distress Ink first and then bouncing my Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink around the edges before stamping
I hope this card inspires you to try create something fun today! After your finished, be sure to stop by the CURRENT LINK PARTY and showoff your projects that include a few products from the companies Cropstop carries in the store! Happy Crafting!