Friday, October 5, 2018

Guest Designer - Lisa

 Time for another Guest Designer Friday! The entire month of October we have a "new" crafter that's never designed for Cropstop before --- Welcome Lisa of This Sweet Madness! Lisa went over and above this week by creating not one, but four beautiful matching cards!  Here's what she says about putting this lovely set together --------
 
"Hi everyone!  I'm Lisa from This Sweet Madness and I'm thrilled to be guest designing this month here at Crop Stop!  Huge thanks to Esther and Haylie-Jo for the opportunity! I like to make cards in sets so I have them at the ready for unexpected gift needs.  These cards were quick and easy to duplicate.

1) I cut 80lb white cardstock to 4" x 5.25 and ran them through my Big Shot with the Flint embossing folder.  I like to emboss two sheets at once, I think you get a deeper impression that way.
2) Using the ink blending tool, I applied Distress Ink to each embossed panel of cardstock.  I did a yellows family (Wild Honey, Scattered Straw & Mustard Seed), a reds (Barn Door, Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick), one in greens (Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Forest Moss) and one in blues (Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Faded Jeans).  I like to run my lightest ink color back over the whole panel when I'm done to blend the colors better.
3) While the ink dried, I cut the smaller butterfly from the Wings of Hope die set with scraps of cardstock.  I cut two of each color, adhering them together using Mini Zots in just the center of the butterfly.  I cut the foam squares in half and put them under the wings to create the dimension.
4) After applying Scor Tape sheets to the back of silver and gold shimmer cardstock scraps, I cut the word "beautiful" from the TH Friendship Words die set, twice from each color.


 5) I eyeballed cutting my ribbon to around 5. 5" long and applied 1/4" Scor Tape to the back. I don't really like to measure so I just eyeballed where to tape the ribbon on my embossed cardstock panels. I wrapped the edges around, then adhered the panels to white A2 cards with 1/2" Scor Tape. One thing I do alwasy do is use the Scotch ATG all across the center of embossed cardstock panels. That way it all sticks down instead of poofing up on the card where the embossing makes it uneven. 
6) I glued the butterflies to teh card with teh Matte Medium glue. I like it for die cuts because it doesn't show when it dries, even on brighter colors like the red. 
7) Using the Scor Tape sheets made adhering the thin Beautiful word die cuts really easy. I added a dot over the "I" with a rhinestone and Matte Medium.  
8) Lastly I added rhinestones to the bodies and antennae of the butterflies with Mini Zots and Matte Medium.
Thanks so much for spending this time with me!! Don't forget to play along in the latest CropStop linky party! Laters!"




  Here are the supplies and tools Lisa used on her cards:
Now it's your turn to share what you've been creating! Stop by our CURRENT LINK PARTY and link up any project that includes a product or two from one of the companies Cropstop carries in the store. Hope to see you there!

No comments: