Friday, November 16, 2018

Guest Designer - Rebecca Yahrling

Today we have a beautiful autumn easel card to share with you. This gorgeous fall card was created by our talented guest designer for this week - Rebecca Yahrling (Flickr Gallery here).


Here's what Rebecca says:

"Hi everyone!  I am so happy and honored to once again be a Guest Designer here at Crop Stop. I thought I would try making an easel card for the first time. (I know, I'm behind the times! lol).  It was fun to make and I think I will try to make all of my family's birthday cards as easel cards next year.


I started by cutting a 4 1/4" by 8 1/2" piece of black cardstock (all cs trimmed with Fiskars trimmer)and scored it at 4 1/4" and 6 1/4" then folded at the score lines. I then cut a 4 1/4" square of black cardstock. I then cut a piece of light grey cardstock 4" square. This was then embossed with a Sizzix folder with Fall sentiments (using my Cuttlebug).
 
 
This was then adhered to the black square with double sided tape (Scrapbook Adhesives). I then die cut two 3 1/4" lacey squares (Spellbinders) from white cs. On one, I stamped the sentiment (Neat & Tangled) in Versafine onyx black & clear embossed (Hampton Art) at the bottom left. This was then adhered to the grey embossed panel. 
 
 
The other lacey square was adhered to the inside of the card, towards the top rather than centered. I then stamped my birch leaves (Neat & Tangled), one fully and then two just partial to make two small leaves, on watercolor paper with Versafine onyx black & clear embossed. I then colored them with a variety of markers (Tombow, Copic & TH distress). The large leaf was die cut (Cuttlebug) with its coordinating die. The two small leaves were fussy cut and I went around all the edges with a black Sharpie. I adhered one small leaf flat using Tombow liquid glue. The 2nd small leaf was popped up over the other one to be the 'catch' for the easel. I added some orange thread to the leaf stem & tied into a knot, trimming the ends. I then popped it up on the front panel. I used my Zig WOS brush (clear) all over the leaves (hope you can see the shine). To finish the card, I added several bronze gems (Hampton Art) as shown. 
Hope you like it and are inspired to make an easel card (especially if you haven't already!). Happy crafting. Becca"


 
I'd love to see what you've been creating, so stop by the current link party and showoff any creation that includes a product or two from one of the companies carried in the Cropstop store. 
 

No comments: