Thursday, July 25, 2013

Couture Creations Taylor Embossing Folder

Hi everyone!  Today is my last Guest Post for the month of July.  I would like to say thank you to Vicki and CropStop for inviting me to design this month and to all of you for stopping by each week to see my projects.  Last week, I shared a layout from the 4th of July and I worked on today's card at the same time, so it took on a Patriotic look also.



I used the Taylor Embossing Folder from the Elegance Collection and covered the backside of the folder with a red ink pad.  I placed a piece of white cardstock in the embossing folder and used it to do a reverse emboss, where the texture is recessed, rather than raised.  This also allowed the ink color to stamp onto my cardstock, creating texture, color and pattern.  Since I wanted the embossed cardstock to be the main feature on my card, I kept everything else on the simple side.  I used my Cameo to cut the title letters and a shape of the United States and I used the negative piece, which allowed part of my embossed cardstock to show through.  I finished off my card, by adding some ribbon included in my goodie package and added one of the Craftwork Cards Candi Dots to the center of the Star.
Thanks again so much for having me this month, and make sure you stop by the CropStop store to purchase any of the items I've used on my projects for the month of July!
 
Featured Product

Shop at CropStop, the stopping place for paper crafters!
Use our blog discount code, BLOG, on checkout for 10% off your purchase over $30.

No comments: