Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Couture Creations Magical Christmas

Hey, there - it's Deborah, and I'm so excited to be the December Guest Designer here at the Crop Stop blog!

I'm currently challenging myself on my blog to see just how many cards and tags I can create using the Fancy Pants Timbergrove 6x6 patterned paper and other coordinating doo-dads (as well as supplies that have been on my shelves waaaay too long).

As luck would have it, I received a generous supply of goodies from  Crop Stop that match the Timbergrove products, so how serendipitious is that?!

My card incorporates one of the three snowflake dies that come in the Couture Creations Magical Christmas Collection set. (I'm quite impressed with Couture Creations, by the way - the package included a nice magnetic storage sheet to help you keep your dies together - love it!) I also used some Couture Creations pearls - yummy!

Crop-Stop-1
Happy Holidays


CropStop Featured Product
 May Arts Burlap Twine- Blue





Other supplies: Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants Timbergrove 6x6, Fancy Pants Small Decorative Tags, Fancy Pants Timbergrove Button Set; Stamps: Inside Christmas (The Craft's Meow); Ink: Ranger Distress Embossing Ink; Embossing Powder: White (Hero Arts); Cardstock: White, Cocoa (Colormates); clear gems; Adhesives: glue dots, adhesive tape runner; Tools: corner rounder, ScoreBuddy, scissors, heat tool

I N S T R U C T I O N S
Make card base and round corners.
Die cut snowflake and adhere to card.
Stamp sentiment on tag, heat set embossing powder and adhere tag.
Braid three 12"-pieces of twine, tie into double bow, trim ends, and adhere with glue dots.
Adhere button over center of bow and adhere pearl in center.
Adhere pearls and gems
T I P

I find twine to often be a little too limp for my hands to manage. One thing you can do to give it both body and interest is braid it!
Cut three 12"-pieces of twine and alignends, knotting them at one end about 1" in from the end (so you get a "tassle" effect). Use Washi tape to temporarily adhere the knotted end to your work surface, then proceed to braid the strands. Knot the ends when you have about an inch left (again, you'll have a "tassle" at the end). Now you can use it however you like! When you're finished arranging and adhering it, trim the ends for neatness.
Thanks for stopping  and have a blessed day!


Do your holiday shopping in the CropStop Store!
CropStop, the stopping place for paper crafters, scrapbookers and cardmakers.
Visit our "Santa's Instruction" page to help with your holiday purchase.
Use the CropStop Blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.

No comments: