Welcome back to the Cropstop blog! After experiencing quite a few problems on our other blog platform (culminating in being locked out completely!) we've decided to move back to Blogspot and resume were we left off.
Monday we will resume our monthly link party and this Friday we will resume our guest designer posts!
Today I'm sharing a spring themed card with you. Here's how I put my bright and cheery card together:
- I started by embossing a piece of white card stock with the Christmas Quilt Embossing Folder (Couture Creations)
- While the card stock was still in the folder, I rubbed over the raised part with a pink crayon (Note: keeping the card stock in the embossing folder provides stability and keeps the design from being crushed)
- After it was covered to my liking, I removed it from the folder and covered it in Wilted Violet Distress Stain (Tim Holtz) and heat set it with my embossing gun
- I matted my top layer on pink card stock and tied a natural colored burlap string bow around it before adhering it to my card front with my ATG gun
- Next I die cut the largest cage from the Open Studio Gilded Birds set (Memory Box) and glued that to the left side of the card
- After coloring some pretty (Graciellie) flowers I added tiny white pearls to the centers
- The large butterfly comes from the Anna Griffin die set, Butterfly Trio and is die cut from core'dinations card stock and colored with Seedless Preserves Distress Stain (Tim Holtz)
- Inside I added an image from the All Things Are Possible stamp set (Heartfelt Creations) stamped in Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide and lightly shaded with Prismacolor pencils
Be sure to come back Monday and link up your projects that use products from the companies Cropstop carries in their store for a chance to win a great prize! Hope to see you there!!