Friday, April 20, 2018

Guest Designer - Darlene Pavlick


Time for our Friday Guest Designer spot.....Today we're sharing the work of Darlene Pavlick of Dars Crafty Creations. Darlene created a fun see themed card for us and shares her inspiration behind the project as well as a fabulous tutorial for creating her masterpiece!

Darlene says: "Today I have an ocean themed card to share with you.  Hubby & I are planning a trip to the islands in May so that's what is on my mind at the present time.  
This card all began with the background panel which I created using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Reinkers and watercolor paper.   Of course, where would I be without my Craft Sheet ... I have one designated strictly for this type of project as you will see in the photos below. 


 I wanted to have a water bubble affect in the water so I spritzed it with  water being careful to have both little and big water droplets.  The longer the water sits on the panel, the more color it will pull up when you blot it with a paper towel.


Now comes the fun of pulling the other elements together for this underwater adventure.


It was only after I adhered my ribbon die panel that I decided to enclose this element with clear panels cut from die cut packaging. 


 I find so many uses for this packaging material and this is one of them.  


So I adhered a clear panel to the back and another to the front then placed 3M dimension tape to the back.  I positioned my Angel Fish onto my 'water' background then placed my 'Graceful Branch Panel' over top.



Glue Dots were used to adhere the front clear panel so I simply snipped the flowers from another Petal Ribbon panel and glued them over top.  This coordinated the piece and hid the glue dots perfectly.

Here's another look at the finished card . . ."

Crop Stop Product Used:  
 Thanks for sharing your talent with us, Darlene! 
Now it's your turn....stop by our CURRENT LINK PARTY and showoff any projects that include a few products from companies Cropstop carries in the store! 
I'll look forward to seeing your work appear in the gallery!


2 comments:

Darlene said...

It was an honor to guest design today ... thanks so much for asking!

Vicki said...

Beautiful, fun card, Dar! Love all of the dimension you have created!