Time for another Guest Design post here on the Cropstop blog. Today I'm sharing the talents of Vicki Robertson of He"artful" Validation of Vicki. Vicki has not only created a beautiful spring themed card to share with us, but also includes step by step directions (with photos!) for our readers.
Vicki Says: "This card base is 6" x 6", which happens to be my "go to" size when creating cards. There's something about four symmetrical sides that makes me feel like I'm working on mini canvas or layout.
1. Cut your card base 6" x 12", fold in half and crease.
2. Cut the next layer of cardstock 5 7/8" x 5 7/8" and adhere to base.
3. Cut patterned paper 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" and adhere to previous layer.
4. Die cut two Foliage Flourishes and adhered to top and bottom of card front.
5. Die cut Majestic Oval and adhere Nesting Oval die cut centering it in the opening. Place white foam tape to back for dimension and adhere to card center.
6. Make bow and hot glue at top of oval.
7. Die cut, ink and assemble flowers using foamiran.
8. Use black micro beads mixed with glue to create flower centers and let dry. Hot glue flowers over the bow.
9. Add sentiment using Elizabeth Crafts Banner die.
10. Glue butterfly to center of oval.
Thanks, CropStop, for having me as a Guest Designer once again! It's always a pleasure to be here."
Supplies and Tools:
Aleene’s Tacky Glue
Elizabeth Crafts Banner Die
Foamiran for Flowers
Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Foliage Flourish
Tutti Designs Dotted Nesting Ovals
Thanks for sharing your talent with us, Vicki!
Now it's your turn....stop by our CURRENT LINK PARTY and showoff any projects that include a few products from companies Cropstop carries in the store!
I'll look forward to seeing your work appear in the gallery!