Here's what Kathy says:
"I love making these little notebooks for family and friends. They are great next to the computer, the phone or in a purse. There a several online tutorials like this ONE on how to make a version of this with post it notes.. If you want to use the larger paper packs from the Dollar Store like this one, the measurments are a piece of card stock 5 ½ by 9 ½ scored at 4,4 ½ and 5.
Since I buy the paper notebook inside and pen from the dollar store, they are also inexpensive to make. I usually make the note book from heavy weight card stock first and then make a separate panel to glue top of the notebook which gives it some extra stability. Because I need a strong, adhesive I use Scor-Tape to make the notebook and to tape the paper in place.
The top panel was created using these steps.
- Cut a 51/2 by 4-inch piece of white card stock.
- Frame that with largest Frantic Stamper Fancy Frames 1.
- The center oval was made by using several Sue Wilson dies: Ornate Oval Just for You, Montreal, and Toronto. The great thing about Sue’s designs is that many of them are interchangeable.
- To finish the bottom, I used Elizabeth Craft’s Dogwood 2 and Ostrich Fern. Prills finished the centers of the flowers.
- The little hummingbirds are from Poppy Stamps."
Thanks for sharing your talent with us, Kathy!