Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a super fun card I created that includes a galaxy background and an action wobble spring! Instead of starting off with white watercolor paper, I decided to use a piece of dark blue card stock as the base......
Here's how I created my background:
- I cut a piece of dark blue card stock to size (4.25 x 5.5 inches)
- Using sponge daubers I added Faded Jeans, Broken China, and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide to my paper
- I spritzed the paper with water and heat set
- I repeated the process till I had a coating of color I liked
- added some Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges
- added some white paint spatters to resemble stars
- stamped several images from the Changito in Space (Stampendous) stamp set on watercolor paper
- colored the images with Prismacolor pencils and used q-tips and baby oil to blend the color
- I fussy cut and popped up the rocket with mounting tape
- Using a circle punch, I cut out the monkey astronaut and added dimension to my card front by popped him up with an Action Wobble Spring
- I added some accents and the sentiment by stamping in Versamark watermark ink and adding white embossing powder
- I stamped a few more images inside the card and colored them as above
Now it's your turn to share your creativity with us! Stop by our CURRENT CHALLENGE and link up any project that includes a product or two from companies in the Cropstop store! Hope to see you there!