Since Independence Day is just over a week away, I decided to create a fun patriotic card to share with you today. When I received the Poppystamps balloon dies in the mail, I knew I wanted to do something "different" with them. So instead of using them to create a birthday themed card, I used them on this bold and bright July 4th card!
To create my card I:
- tapped out some Ken Oliver color bursts (Ultramarine Blue and Alizarin Crimson) on two separate sheets of watercolor paper
- spritzed my colors with water and heat set
- cut a complete set of blue and red Happy Balloons (Poppystamps - Memory Box)
- added the red letters to the blue balloons and the blue letters to the red balloons
- embossed the top part of a piece of card stock with the Stars embossing folder from Darice
- scored a line under the stars and stamped a patriotic sentiment from America Collection (Amy Design) in Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink
- popped up my balloons with mounting tape, added a few tiny punched stars, and matted it on coordinating blue card stock
Since you have to cut two sets of balloons to get the letters to coordinate, you may as well make two cards! Now it's your turn to share what you've been creating! Stop by our CURRENT LINK PARTY and showoff any project that includes a product or two from one of the companies Cropstop carries in the store. Happy Crafting!