Monday, July 23, 2018

Bird Crazy


Hello blog readers - it's time for another inspiration post here on the Cropstop blog. Today I'm sharing some mini shape cards I created using the Bird Crazy stamp set from Tim Holtz.  Aren't those crazy bird images fun?! I decided to do them up in some bright colors with a color burst wash background. Super easy and lots of fun!


All of my birds are stamped in Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko) and colored with Prismacolor Colored Pencils.  My backgrounds were created using Ken Oliver Color Bursts, diluted with water and painted on white card stock. (Card #1 uses Ultramarine Blue Card #2 uses Fuchsia/Tangerine Card #3 uses Ultramarine Blue/Lime Green) Using a small paintbrush I also added a few black paint spatters.


  The cards were die cut using the Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities from Spellbinders.  I also added a few tiny gemstones to the front, and some faux stitching around the edges.



Do you own a set of these funky bird stamps? If so, why not break them out create something fun then...Stop by our CURRENT LINK PARTY and showoff any project that includes a product or two from one of the companies Cropstop carries in the store.

1 comment:

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh, these are sooo cuuuute!! I have this set, but have to even ink it up! I'm the one who is crazy, right?! lol I love birdies!!