Monday, July 16, 2018

Coloring Gesso


Today I'm sharing a fun new technique I learned for coloring over top of white gesso! It's super easy, a little messy, and lots of fun!


Here are the steps I used to create the pretty panel on my card:
  1. Lay a stencil over a piece of black card stock (I used the Watercolor stencil from Tim Holtz)
  2. Apply White Gesso (Art Basics) over your entire panel
  3. Remove stencil and wash the gesso off
  4. Allow your gesso to dry (or help it along with a heat gun)
  5. Once the gesso is dry, apply your choice of colors using Distress Crayons (Ranger) ~~ [I used Tumbled Glass - Mermaid Lagoon - Shaded Lilac]
  6. Rub the colors in with your finger - apply more in areas you see need it
  7. Remove your stencil and - wa-la - a colorful-textured background!


To create my card I:


I would love to see your take on this fun technique, so after you've finished creating - stop by the CURRENT CHALLENGE and link up!! Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

SD pooja said...

Looks wonderful !

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, I just love the colors against the black background!!

Helen Gullett said...

Beautiful mixed media card, Esther.
Love the technique how to color the gesso