Friday, July 13, 2018

Guest Designer - Darlene Pavlick


Hello blog friends - it's time for another Guest Designer Friday! Today we're sharing the work of one of my talented friends, Darlene Pavlick of Dar's Crafty Creations. Darlene is one of those sweet people who has offered to guest design here on Cropstop whenever I have an empty space to fill! More than once she's been a "lifesaver" when I needed someone, and always a creates the most beautiful cards to share with you! For this post she also included a picture tutorial for you...So without further ado here's what Darlene says:


"Happy Friday Everyone!
I'm  so excited today!  
I've once again been asked to guest design for the CropStop Blog.  YEAH!!
Here's what I've created using products they carry in their store.


It all began by creating my focus flower which is 'Daisy Delight' by Memory Box.
I've die cut it twice from white card stock then colored the popped out pieces of the one panel using Spectrum Noir alcohol Marker CT4 and then colored second panel which will be my outline piece using Spectrum Noir alcohol Marker JG1.
 After coloring, I die cut my framing panels using the 'Wrapped Stitched Frames' also by Memory Box.  I've used the largest frame for my actual frame but used the next size down 'inset' to adhere my flower to.  Once I had the outline adhered I then pieced in the yellow flower petals.
 Next came my background panel.  I wanted to use coordinating colors with my focus flower so I used Tim Holtz distress oxide inks and watercolor paper.  I actually used Lucky Clover & Amber but as you can see where the green & yellow combined, I ended up with blue!  It happens!  Duh!  LOL
I used Scotch ATG adhesive to adhere my background panel to my white card base.  
Then, started building my layers.  Next came the large frame  ...
Then my focus flower panel which was popped up using mounting tape for added dimension.
Lastly, I added this adorable little 'Bee' by Elizabeth Craft.
It too was popped up using mounting tape."

Thanks Darlene for filling in today -- You did a fabulous job!

Now it's YOUR turn!! Stop by our CURRENT LINK PARTY and showoff the projects you've been working on that include a product or two from one of the companies carried in the Cropstop store. I hope to see you there!

No comments: