Friday, October 19, 2018

Guest Designer -- Lisa


Hello Friends -- we're back for another Guest Designer Friday! As promised we have another one of Lisa's (This Sweet Madness) beautiful creations to share with you. Don't you just love this bright and happy card she put together to inspire us today? I do! Here's her instructions for creating this beauty:


1) I cut the Neenah cardstock to 5x7 and ran it through my Big Shot with the Great Almanzo folder.  I always cut my cardstock bigger than I want it before embossing because the texture does take up some of the size of the paper and then it allows me to trim off any flat edges I might get from my old machine.

2) I colored the embossed cardstock with the Distress Inks and then spritzed it with water using the Sprayer.  I like to let it dry naturally rather than using a heat gun, you get more color variation that way.

3) While it was drying, I cut several sets of the Tattered Florals with the Canson Mixed Media cardstock.  Leaving the flowers in the paper strip, I inked them with the Distress Oxide inks and then sprayed them with water.  I did roll a paper towel over them to help sop up the water and create texture, then let them air dry,

4) I didn't think the Kraft card base showed up enough, so I took the gold Sharpie and colored the borders of the card where it would show outside my trimmed embossed panel.

5) I like my die-cut words to be sticky so I adhered 1" Scor Tape to the back of some black cardstock scraps, then cut the "Hello" and "friend' words from the die set three times each.  Stacked them together and then thought the black was too harsh so I colored over it with the Gold Sharpie.

6) I layered the floral die cuts together with the Zots, then added rhinestones to the centers.

7) I used 1/4" Scor Tape to attach the embossed panel to my card, then used Zots to attach the flowers.  The word die cuts completed the card.


 
Product List:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber, Carved Pumpkin, Scattered Straw
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks: Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Carved Pumpkin, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Shaded Lilac, Picked Raspberries, Wilted Violet
Tim Holtz Friendship Words Script Die set
Tim Holtz Tattered Florals strip die
Distress Spray Bottle
80lb Neenah Solar White cardstock
Canson Mixed Media paper
Darice Kraft A7 cards & envelopes
Gold Sharpie
Darice Big Value rhinestone assortment

Now it's your turn! Stop by the current link party and showoff any project that includes a product or two from one of the companies Cropstop carries in the store! Hope to see you there!

No comments: