Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Year!



It's hard to believe we've come to the last day of 2018 already, but here we are! I enjoy the feeling of clean slate whether it be -- the start of a new day, the beginning of a new month, or the dawn of a  new year! I thought this TCW stencil looked a bit like a clock face it's center, so I decided to make a New Year's card with it. This card is a bit of a departure for me -- it's a bit more mixed media than I usually do, but I really wanted to do something with my Gelli Plate. I mixed two colors of distress paint (blue and gray) on my gelli plate and used a stencil to create the center of my card.

 Here's wishing each of you a Happy and Blessed 2019!

Supplies and tools:
Gelli Printing Plate
Mini Rosetta Stencil (TCW)
Distress Paint --- Hickory Smoke & Blueprint Sketch
Dina Wakley Pallete Knife
Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Clock Hands Die (Sizzix)
Tuxedo Black Ink (Tsukineko)
Distress Embossing Ink (Ranger)
Distress Ink (Ranger) - Hickory Smoke & Chipped Sapphire
Sponge Daubers
Silver Embossing Powder
French Market Stamps Set (Tim Holtz)
Different Strokes Stamp Set (Basic Grey)
Pearl
Silver Gel Pen


I'd love to see what you've been creating, so stop by the current link party and showoff any creation that includes a product or two from one of the companies carried in the Cropstop store.

2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Terrific, love the layering of the stenciling and stamping.. great sentiment to start the year

sarascloset said...

Esther, I really love the design and the colors on this wonderful card! Happy New Year!