Monday, November 25, 2013

Champagne and Holly from Couture Creations

Hi! Patti here today sharing a technique that is easy, but beautiful, especially for holiday cardmaking or scrapbooking. I started out with one of the gorgeous Wrapped In Joy embossing folders. I chose the Champagne and Holly Embossing Folder because I wanted to color the little holly leaves  different colors for a festive feel.


Here are a couple of close-ups of the finished project.



First, I gathered supplies, the embossing folder, my trusty tweezers, markers and some gems.


I colored in the embossed leaves and berries with several light colors of markers. I used pink, blue, green and burgundy.


After coloring the design the magic starts! I then rubbed iridescent ink over the entire embossed image. It lightens the colors and adds just the right amount of shimmer!


 I used Aztec Gold Glitzin' Glamour to highlight the little berries.


This is a large card design, so I added an embossed strip across the two sections where the two embossed papers joined.


I thought a little bird would look perfect on this card, so I cut a piece of cardstock with the Dove of Peace Die and colored it with the same blue marker and Shimmers ink I used to color the embossed cardstock.


This is how it looked.

 

I used the Picture Frame Nesting Dies to frame my sentiment. I embossed a small piece of gold paper with the Champagne and Berries Embossing Folder to use behind the little frame as a backing.


I added a few matching blooms and some gems to finish the card. The result is a very striking card made with simple techniques. I hope you enjoyed this technique too! 

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: