Monday, November 18, 2013

Wrapped in Joy...Clean and Simple!

Hello everyone! Gloria here today sharing a few "trendy" Christmas cards with you for the Wrapped In Joy Collection from Couture Creations.  I am on a kick to create cards that are: quick to create, use only basic supplies, and are easy to mail. (Both cards for today are standard size - 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 or A2.) I am not sure I would call myself a "trendy girl" but I thought that these two cards had that "vibe."



For this card, I made a black card base. I then embossed a piece of dark red Core'dinations cardstock with the Jolly Christmas Embossing Folder. I used the Sanding Block to sand the raised areas. The pale paper core shows through. I chose a trendy hexagon print paper to add some extra interest to the card, and I created an icicle border with a punch.


I added a very trendy chalkboard sentiment to the front of the card and finished it all off with a little "bell and bow" action. Clean and simple cards are all the rage these days. I confess that this is a style that I am not very good at, but I think this next card is my own version of CAS.

 

I embossed some textured glossy paper with the Peaceful Ornaments Embossing Folder. I trimmed off the bottom portion of the embossed image and added Self-Adhesive Gemstones to each of the embossed ornaments.

 

I added a sentiment, which is one of my very own stamp designs I cut out the sentiment with the Victorian Rectangle Nesting Dies. I rubbed the edges of the rectangle with green ink. I hope you are inspired to create some quick and easy and trendy Christmas cards!

Thanks for joining me today!

Couture Creations Precision Trimmer
Couture Creations Victorian Rectangle Nesting Dies

Visit CropStop for you paper crafting needs.
Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.

No comments: